Welcome to Argonne Forest
If you want to count the governor of Georgia as one of your neighbors, Argonne Forest is where you can do that. Located across the street from the Georgia Governor’s Mansion, this small slice of Buckhead is home to 600 residents, who love the neighborhood for many reasons, one of which being the gorgeous tree-lined streets that experience little traffic. It is here that you’ll find grand estates framed by immaculate landscaping. While the neighborhood itself is quite peaceful, you don’t have to go far to look for fun. Some of Buckhead’s busiest commercial centers are just a stone’s throw away.
- Price Range: $800,000 to $4 million.
- Style: Mid-century ranches, two-story traditional.
- Lifestyle: Bitsy Grant Tennis Center, Cherokee Town and Country Club, Atlantic Station.
Things to Do in and Around Argonne Forest
One of the great things about Argonne Forest is that while it’s utterly serene, residents remain in close proximity to much of Atlanta’s top-notch shopping, excellent restaurants, cultural attractions, and booming nightlife fixtures. A few of the highlights in the surrounding area include:
- Lenox Square Mall
- Phipps Plaza
- The Shops Buckhead Atlanta
- Atlantic Station
- Atlanta History Center
- Buckhead Theatre
- Chastain Amphitheatre
Not far from Argonne Forest, you’ll find several havens for golfers and tennis players, including:
- Cherokee Town and Country Club
- Cross Creek Golf Club
- North Fulton Golf Course
- Bobby Jones Golf Course
- Bitsy Grant Tennis Center
Residents of Argonne Forest are also treated to easy access via Northside Drive and I-75 to many of Atlanta’s top cultural attractions, including:
- Atlanta History Center
- Georgia Aquarium
- Fox Theatre
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
- High Museum of Art
- Philips Arena
Argonne Forest Real Estate
There are only four streets total in the Argonne Forest neighborhood, which is why finding a home here is such a catch.
- Styles: Mid-century ranches, two-story traditional.
- Most home prices typically start at around $800,000, but some properties fetch prices as high as $4 million.
Argonne Forest Schools
- Brandon Morris Elementary School
- Sutton Middle School
- North Atlanta High School
- The Westminster Schools
- Pace Academy
- Heiskell School
- The Lovett School
- Atlanta Girls School
- Georgia Tech University
- Savannah College of Art & Design
Choose Argonne Forest if you are looking for a serene, picturesque neighborhood flanked by some of Atlanta’s best schools, commercial centers and, of course, the home of Georgia’s governor!