Welcome to Pine Hills
Up until the 1950s, Pine Hills was a large dairy farm. Today, it is one of Atlanta’s most unique neighborhoods. What makes it so special? In part, the fact that it is located in both Fulton and DeKalb Counties, which means two different school districts, two types of property taxes, and two different city names. Each has its own advantages. Despite the split, Pine Hills is a tight-knit community. On any given day, you might bump into neighbors at the community pool or a block party.
The central location of Pine Hills makes it a commuter’s dream. Whether you work in Brookhaven, Buckhead, or Midtown, you are only just minutes away. You are also just minutes from the Lenox and Buckhead MARTA stations and major roadways like I-85 and Georgia 400.
- Price Range: $300,000 to $2 million.
- Style: Mid-century ranches, modern traditional.
- Lifestyle: Roxboro Valley Association Pool and Tennis Club, Capital City Country Club, Peachtree Golf Club, Lenox Square Mall, Lenox Park.
Things to Do In and Around Pine Hills
One of the most exciting parts about living in Pine Hills is that residents only have to walk a few blocks before being immersed in the hustle and bustle of one of Buckhead’s most popular urban districts, where you’ll find:
- Lenox Square Mall
- Phipps Plaza
- The Shops Buckhead Atlanta
While Pine Hills is located very close to that busy commercial area, it’s also situated near several charming green spaces:
- Shady Valley Park
- Lenox Park
There are also several premier golf courses and country clubs near Pine Hills, including:
- Roxboro Valley Association Pool and Tennis Club
- Capital City Country Club
- Peachtree Golf Club
Because the area is served by both the Lenox and Buckhead MARTA stations, residents have easy access to both the transportation system’s Red and Yellow lines. This is great for midtown and downtown commuters, as well as anyone who wants speedy access to any of Atlanta’s top attractions:
- Fox Theatre
- High Museum of Art
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Georgia Aquarium
- Philips Arena
Pine Hills Real Estate
Established ranch homes built during the neighborhood’s early days can be found everywhere you look, but you will also find some new construction scattered throughout. Lots tend to be large and shady, thanks to the tall pine trees that line the street and gave the neighborhood its name.
- Styles include: Mid-century ranches, modern traditional.
- Prices typically start around $300,000, but can range up to nearly $2 million.
Pine Hills Schools
Children in Pine Hills will attend DeKalb County Public Schools and Atlanta Public Schools, depending on the exact location of their homes.
- Sarah Smith Elementary School (Atlanta)
- Sutton Middle School (Atlanta)
- North Atlanta High School (Atlanta)
- Woodward Elementary School (DeKalb)
- Sequoyah Middle School (DeKalb)
- Cross Keys High School (DeKalb)
- Marist School
- St. Pius X Catholic High School
- The Piedmont School of Atlanta
- Our Lady of Assumption Catholic School
- St. Martin’s Episcopal School
- The Galloway School
- Atlanta International School
- Oglethorpe University
- Emory University
- Georgia State University – Buckhead Center
Choose Pine Hills if you are looking for an established family-friendly community with lots of amenities, great schools, world-class shopping, and numerous job opportunities within minutes.